- Perceptions of economic conditions have significantly deteriorated since 2011.
- Trust in the government and parliament are low, but Tunisians have far more confidence in the security services and the judiciary.
- Nearly all Tunisians say corruption remains rampant, while fewer than half believe the government is taking steps to address the problem.
- Desire to emigrate is high and growing, especially among youth.
- Political interest and participation are declining, especially among youth, who are often taking to the streets to voice their frustration.
- There is a consensus that democracy is not functioning well, but little support for an alternative system of governance.
- Tunisians favor closer relations with China and Turkey compared with Western powers.
- Roughly a third of Tunisians say they are ‘not religious’ including almost half of youth.