- Arab Barometer’s seventh wave is the largest publicly available survey that captures the opinions and attitudes of citizens across the Middle East and North Africa since the onset of COVID. The seventh wave was fielded in 12 MENA countries, which collectively are home to 80 percent of the citizen population in the Arab world. The findings give an unprecedented insight into the everyday lives of these citizens.
- The survey took place between October 2021 and July 2022.
- Nationally representative face to face surveys were fielded in Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq, Egypt, Sudan, and Kuwait. Exclusion of some countries was either due to funding limitations, ongoing instability, or government restrictions on full and fair access to the survey.
- Arab Barometer interviewed more than 26,000 citizens about a wide-range of topics including but not limited to COVID19, the economy, government trust and performance, gender norms and the status of women, identity and discrimination, the environment, and international relations.
- The 45 minute, computer tablet-based interviews were conducted in private and face-to-face with individuals randomly selected to fairly represent their communities.
- Most questions were multiple choice, with some opportunity for specific detail in follow-up questions.
Country & Topic Reports
- Tunisia Country Report 2021 – 2022
- Lebanon Country Report 2021-2022
- Iraq Country Report 2021-2022
- Libya Country Report 2021-2022
- Jordan Country Report 2021-2022
- Algeria Country Report 2021-2022
- Morocco Country Report 2021-2022
- Kuwait Country Report 2022
- Democracy in the Middle East and North Africa 2021-2022
- Migration in the Middle East and North Africa 2021-2022
- US-China Competition in the Middle East and North Africa 2021-2022
- Food Insecurity and its Discontents in the Middle East and North Africa
- Gender Attitudes and Trends in the Middle East and North Africa 2021-2022
- Racial Discrimination and Anti-Blackness in the Middle East and North Africa 2021-2022
- Climate Change and the Environment in the Middle East and North Africa 2021-2022
- Algeria: EMRHOD Consulting (Nébil Belaam)
- Egypt: Egyptian Research and Training Center (Abdel-Hamid Abdel Latif)
- Iraq: Independent Institute for Administration and Civil Society Studies (IIACSS) (Arwa Daghir)
- Jordan: Center for Strategic Studies (Walid al-Khateeb)
- Kuwait: World of Opinions (Samir Abu Rumman)
- Lebanon: Statistics Lebanon Ltd. Polling and Research (Rabih Habr)
- Libya: ELKA Consulting (Mohamed Ikbel Elloumi)
- Mauritania: Bureau d'Etudes Statistiques (Ahmed Isselmou)
- Moroccco: One to One for Research and Polling
- Palestine: Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research (PSR) (Khalil Shikaki)
- Sudan: Sudan Polling Survey Center (El-Mogiera Al-Sayed)
- Tunisia: One to One for Research and Polling (Imen Mezlini)